Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Discover Extra 2% Cash Back Offer is Fake

Perhaps this simply serves as another reminder to never click on any link inside of any email even if it looks legitimate.

Scammers will try just about anything to get hold of your information and rob you.

Today, for example, I noticed an email that looked fairly legitimate from Discover Card that offered me to activate now, before it's too late, an additional 2% cash back reward on top of all other current cash back rewards offered until December 31, 2023.

"No need to login. Just activate inside this email."

That should be the first and only red flag that this is a scam, and the email did not come from Discover Card Services.

I was still interested if it were true. But when I logged into my account through the normal process, the offer was nowhere to be found.

It's the world we live in, folks. Trust no one and always double check. And if there is anything offered in an email, login to your regular account before clicking on anything in order to make sure it's a real offer.

Like the way I write or the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook page to keep up with all the latest posts from Jim Bauer wherever he may write.

No comments:

Post a Comment