Monday, January 1, 2018

A Quiet New Year's Eve 2017

SO, MY WIFE ARE JUST SIMPLE PEOPLE. When we were younger we used to go out on New Year's Eve just like so many other of the crazies. These days we tend to enjoy just having a nice dinner at home and kicking our feet up watching a little bit of TV. Besides, isn't the whole "let's go out and get hammered" thing that is so typical of so many New Year's festivities just a little bit overrated?

I tend to think so.

So we watched a little bit of Austin Powers, and then settled into some episodes of Blindspot on the DVR that we were a bit behind on. We did watch the ball drop...well, something like that as we are in the central time zone. They dropped something in New Orleans.

Not the same anyway these days without old Dick Clark is it?

So, what was for dinner? Made up some delicious corned beef brisket, and made up a batch of chopped potatoes and carrots cooked up in a mixture of broth and Worcestershire sauce.

IT WAS DELICIOUS AS USUAL TO SAY THE LEAST.

Of course, yesterday I did spend quite a bit of time earlier in the day doing some writing for my primary blog, The Springboard, and made a decision while doing that to change things up a bit for the coming year on all things I do with my blogs.

Not a resolution per se, but I suppose you could call it a change in plans for how my blogs will be dealt with in 2018. 

Now just hoping I have the winning MegaMillions or Powerball tickets in hand. There's a little bit of money going on right there right now isn't there? Wowsers. What I could do if I could get a piece of that.

Until the next entry onward and upward and Happy New Year to anyone who happens along my little corner of the web.

1 comment:

  1. Like you my wife and I tend not to go out on New Year's Eve anymore (it's called 'Hogmanay' in Scotland). We did once go to the giant Hogmanay party in Princes Street in Edinburgh but it was freezing cold and we couldn't wait to get home. Nowadays we spend Hogmanay hiding behind the sofa with the lights out! :)

    ReplyDelete