Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Day In and Out

IS IT JUST ME OR IS IT LIKE WE DON'T ACTUALLY GET ANY TIME OFF DURING THE HOLIDAYS? I mean, of course you get a few extended weekends between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. But truth is, it's just a lot of running around, family gatherings, friend gatherings...

And all that time spent in the damn stores too, right?

By the time you get past the 1st of the month I think most of us are just about spent—and pretty much done with the whole thing. 

Last night the wifey and I of course stayed home and avoided the usual New Year's Eve crowds, but tonight will be a bit different. We have some friends coming into town from Nebraska we haven't seen in a couple of years and so we'll head over to my sister and brother-in-law's place for some food and drink and some happy conversation.

TRAVELING ON BUSINESS TOMORROW TO WISCONSIN so I think we will still keep everything low key and on an even kiel. But it should be fun. Yesterday was a relaxing enough day so I suppose we can get off our lazy butts tonight and do a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment