Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Is This Thing On?

Blogs are a dime a dozen on the Internet. Anyone who has dabbled in blogs for even just a short time knows this little fact all too well.

And then there's this stuff. Blogs containing total useless garbage and horrible writing. I make no bones about it. This blog is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BRILLIANT, and it is not supposed to give James Patterson or Stephen King a run for their money.

It is simply a place to write something and share it.

When I first started writing anything, and honing my craft, one of the very first things I learned is that in order to find your voice, and hone your "craft," is to simply keep the proverbial pen moving. Write something. Write anything. Who the fuck cares what it is you write about? Who the fuck cares if it is any good? And frankly, who the fuck cares if anyone actually reads any of it?

I just started back on THIS blog. A journal I call it. It's a blog really about nothing at all. Will anyone find it? Will anyone read it? Will anyone leave any interesting comments?

I have no freaking clue!

I do think, however, that one way for something like this to get a bit more notice and attention around the Internet is to post often and frequently. Somehow I swear I read somewhere that updating a blog quite regularly helps it to get better placements in search, even if it is about nothing at all like this one is.

We will see how it goes. It is a work in progress. It will probably fall on deaf ears or blind eyes, if it gets found at all. If nothing else I suppose I can just have fun clacking away at the keys here hoping maybe one day it can find a place in this vast world wide web.


Free Shipping + 3 Free Gifts

/>

2 comments:

  1. Yes writing regularly here will get you noticed and even earn you money with adsense. Share your music here too. If you have a Youtube channel share your videos below your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I think I will do that. Lots to share, so I suppose I can't really run out of fodder for that. By the way, I have always wondered if there is an easy way to search BlogSpot for other blogs. They used to have a "next post" button, but it seems that has gone away. Like most "writing" sites, I have always found that interaction is a good way to "get noticed" as well. Is there a simple way to search BlogSpot for blogs that you know of?

      Delete