Sunday, January 27, 2019

Snap TWO!

It's winter time, so it does not surprise me one bit that we are getting a few mice into the house. I COULD revert back to my days in pest control and take some time to try and find out how they are getting in. There could be a MILLION different places where there may be a hole for them to escape the cold outside into my house.

But it is just as easy, especially now that the cats we had are gone, to simply lay out of a few snap traps and dispose of their presence that way.

Best bait by the way? Peanut butter. Works like a charm every single time. I used to get a kick out of it when someone would ask me what the secret ingredient was to catch a mouse that we exterminators kept in our bag of tricks...

And it always surprised my clients that it was indeed PEANUT BUTTER. 

Incidentally, it was the same golden bait to use in my traps to catch squirrels. But luckily I do not have any squirrels getting into the house.

So far I have snapped two mice. I actually need to run out and get a few more snap traps. I thought I had more in my "pest box" as I call it. And I never throw away a used trap (so I am not sure what happened to them all). Once a trap is "seasoned" it will kill time and time again.


Free Shipping + 3 Free Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment