Saturday, January 26, 2019

We Are Suckers For Chinese Food

I will be the first to admit it. Despite my salt restriction, and the fact that Chinese food is LOADED WITH SALT, my wife and I just absolutely LOVE Chinese food.

And every time we order it we just go way overboard.

Usually I will get the two combo meals. I like the beef with broccoli or beef pepper steak, and usually go back and forth on those two. I get the pork fried rice and egg rolls with the meal. My wife likes General Tso's chicken, and that never wavers. So, we get that and the pork fried rice and egg rolls.

Why the egg rolls?

The place we go to for the Chinese food usually has a coupon for 8 free crab Rangoon with the purchase, and even though the combo meals offer crab Rangoon with the meals, we figure we have enough crab Rangoon to satisfy our craving.

Usually with the meal we will also get two orders of chicken teriyaki on a stick, and a quart of shrimp fried rice.

Can you ever have too many leftovers when it comes to Chinese food?

I can make other stuff with it, have snacks with it, and of course take some of it to work with me for lunch.

Those Chinese make out like a bandit. Every time my wife and I order Chinese food we typically spend about $60 when all is said and done. Plus, our delivery driver usually fares pretty well as well. I generally tip about 20% to the driver, so that's about $12 in  HIS pocket.

We get a great meal that we eat off for days and the restaurant makes a sale, and the driver gets to take home a little something nice as well.

Win, win.


 Free Shipping + 3 Free Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment