Monday, May 15, 2023

Just Getting Through the Day Is All

It's Monday, folks, and let's face it. Monday's just suck. I mean, don't get me wrong, my job isn't all that hard and I don't necessarily mind working. But the reality is that I really don't want to do it. Can't I just be retired already?

I think I have done my fair share, you know, contributing to the world and taxes and whatever in the 36 years I have been busting my buns. Time for some me time, know what I'm saying?

I have to travel for work this week, and as such I will be on the road running through Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota through Friday. Today is just the day before the day I have to leave, and while there are things I need to button up before I head out, I really just want to do nothing at all and be mostly lazy.

Sue me.

That's kind of what I am doing, by the way. I am not being unproductive, mind you. I'm just not necessarily putting my all in either. Just killing time, as they say. Watching the clock slowly move the hands forward, one second and sixty at a time.

I still have to get my hotels booked and I will get to that in a bit here. I've got to work out any last-minute trip details, like seeing if I want to try to add anyone in or take someone off the list. I have to remember to load up a few ball caps to take along to hand out to customers.

But other than that, I plan to just bide the time and call it done for today. If the cards fall into place just right I might even go home a bit early. We'll see. Because all I am doing today is just getting through the day and that is all I plan to accomplish when all is said and done.

I write more serious stuff too. If you want to follow all the places I write, check out my Facebook page to keep up with all the things I write about and the places where I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment